The Den, The Roar Corp and The RSF Committee met with Chris Fong and Brisbane Roar on the 3rd April for an update on the club.
Report from President Neil Ballment covering some news to come out of meeting.
1) Games will be back in Brisbane next season (contracts to be next few days) most games at Suncorp and some at Ballymore – Ballymore has one new grandstand another to be demolished and rebuilt and there will continue to be a Hill. Anticipated Ballymore will be heavily promoted as family fun days.
2) Training facilites will be up and running in next few months with Men, Women and Academy training there before next season. Multi year deal will be finalised in coming weeks.
3) New Coach has not yet been locked in but should be in next couple of weeks. Should be announced by Anzac game.
4) New commercial Manager Charlie Mann has been heaviy engaged with possible new corporate sponsors and all current sponsors and it is expected a new Major Sponsor with a long term deal will be announced in coming weeks.
5) Memberships offerings for next season are being finalised just waiting on final seating plans for stadiums. With the exception of the Southern End at Suncorp all the lower tier will be available. Club has been told in no uncertain terms that getting membership right and delivered in a timely manner is the first step in making fans happy.
6) New Strip design will be announced soon. A preview of the strip revealed that it is a contemporary fashion design which should appeal to younger supporters. 3 Designs as in previous years, and there should be a special event strip like this seasons popular Epilesy Strip.
7) Currently 16 players are contracted for next season. So new coach will have input into rest of players.
8) In relation to the circulated video Chris Fong denied that neither the Roar Management nor Dale Cliffe had and decision making making input as was alleged. The coach has the final decision on who plays and who does not play, noone outside of the Coaching team select or have input into squads.
9) Staffing at the club – it has taken up to now to get positions filled. While not publically noticed by fans lots of work is going on behind the scenes to get the club running at its best for many years.
10) Financially – We were informed that the Club has paid and continues to pay its accounts as they fall due. Regarding the long running Logan Council Water bill, the Club believed that based on calculations done with the other occupants of the complex, the Club was being charged something like 3 times the proper amount and Council could not or would not back up it bill with water meter data. In the end the club decided to pay up and move on.
11) The new season will be starting mid September this year.
We look forward to seeing all the changes in coming weeks and months, and support the club and their staff members in moving the club forward.
Part of our promotion for this meeting has seen a call to ensure that the Club is keeping up with it’s proposals. Too often in the past we have heard of great news only for fans to be let down with no follow through.
Below is a report we intend to keep up to date and publish on a regular basis
|Job||Projected Date||Date Completed||Comments|
|Select New Coach||End April 2023||2 May 2023|
Ross Aloisi Named
22 May 2023
Garrath McPherson confirmed for another year for the Womens Team.
|Club is currently interviewing applicants, however the club has decided to wait until end of season for the team to announce new coach, to give the current Interim coach free air for his last games.|
|Sign Training Ground Agreement||End of June 2023|
|Move into Training Ground||End of August 2023||Report from Moreton Bay Untied saying completed November 2023|
|Sign Suncorp Agreement||End of April 2023||Announced 19.4.23||Majority of game will be held at Suncorp|
|Sign Ballymore Agreement Men||End of April 2023|
|Sign Ballymore Agreement Women||Announced 19.4.23||All Roar Women games to be held at Ballymore 23/24 season|
|Open Memberships||End of May 2023||Announcement 25.5.2023 Memberships on sale 27.6.2023|
|Get Memberships kits out||End of August 2023|
|Release Strip Design||End of July 2023|